Re: [tlug] Netbooks (sony reader)

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 13:18:22 +0900, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com>
wrote:

> I contemplated upgrading my 505 to the newer generation, but it works
> well enough that I felt I could wait for subsequent generations without
> any undue discomfort.

I /wanted/ to get the PRS-505 but was too slow off the mark. I didn't have
the ready cash to get it. Now, it's been discontinued and you can't find it
here in the UK. Everyone is pushing the "upgrade", which is the PRS-600. I
don't like that one at all. The extra, touch-sensitive layer on the screen
reduces the contrast of the eInk display considerably, making it nowhere
near as pleasant to look at than the PRS-505.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

Tomorrow is cancelled due to lack of interest.