Re: [tlug] Netbooks: Reflective Screens; Transmissive Screens; Transflective Screens

On 2/1/2010 9:42 PM, Curt Sampson wrote:
I think that he means it's not a screen lit by reflectivity (such as an
E-Ink screen) but that it's a backlit transmissive screen that is just
very shiny. Thus, strong outside lighting overwhelms the backlight and
you can't see the screen.

cjs
Exactly. I've had other laptops where the display had a matte finish and were much more usable in bright light. With this laptop and most of the recent ones you have this pretty, shiny display. All you can see is the reflection when there is any light out. The matte finish was much better in a brightly lit environment.

Steve S.