Re: [tlug] OSS network visualization software, WAS: [Semi-OT] Network connectivity diagnosis

2010/1/25 Christian Horn <chorn@example.com>:

> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:05:46PM +0700, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
>>
>> [1]: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4058/4302271477_7938ae0962_o.png
>
> What did you use to generate this, what software do others here use?
>
> I settled with dia for such purposes [because:]
>
> - inkscape seems a bit heavy and hard to learn
> - kvisio was kde-related, seems dead
> - anyone using xfig for such purposes?

I also use dia. I've not tried inkscape or kvisio, but I switched to
dia from xfig years ago because the dia interface supported key
accelerators whereas xfig did not (IIRC--it was five years or so ago).

More recently, I've found the OO.o drawing tool to be OK for lighter
work. For serious network schematics, I'd stick with dia.

Have you found the free Cisco vector sets? Those, combined with a few
of the vector sets that ship with Ubuntu, allow me to draw crazy
network diagrams pretty easily.

--
Cheers,
Josh