Re: [tlug] Did Apache change everything? (Setting up virtual hosts)

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:30, Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:
> TLUG,
>
> This time, though, when I opened /etc/apache2/httpd.conf, it was
> suspiciously empty. I tried adding my usual configurations, but when I
> restarted Apache, my site was nowhere to be found.
>
> So I looked on line, and now it seems everything is handled in a
> directory called /etc/apache2/sites-available and basically all the
> configurations are now done in a different way.

Nothing out of surprise. This is Debian style, since ages. I can't
even remember from when that started.

As Ubuntu uses the same layout, it is the same.

In default apache 2.0, the vhosts are also in a different file.
extras/httpd-vhost.conf IIRC

--
Clemens Schwaighofer
"Freiheit ist immer die Freiheit der Andersdenkenden, sich zu äußern.",