Re: [tlug] Printer driver in Linux (Oh, Brother?)

Thank you Johan and Rainer for the positive comments about the
Brother support for Linux. Today I threw the dice and picked up
my new MFC-6490CN printer.

Brother has Linux drivers online and instructions for their use.
I installed the printer LPR driver and the cupswrapper driver and
had no trouble at all getting the printer to work just fine. The fax
and the copy functions were also a breeze.

Setting up the scanner was a PIA, but Brother has excellent
instructions on their website for all the details you will need to
know, and even a Linux dummy like the one behind this keyboard
was finally able to figure out what needed to be done, and after
several misfires was able to get the scanner working just fine.

Overall evaluation: This is an awesome all-in-one device!!!!!

Brother's support for Linux rocks!!!

--Ralph