Re: [tlug] Reading Hebrew on Ubuntu / Claws Mail

Curt Sampson wrote:

How do you know this? I.e., how did you verify that it's not truncated
on the company server, but is on your host? How do you transfer the mail
from the company server to your host?

Curt,

Thanks for asking.

Network Solutions (NS) is a webmail server provider. Mail arriving at NS can be accessed and viewed with a browser. I have my mail automatically forwarded to my local POP mailbox on my work machine (second default mailbox on Claws Mail after GOL) and NS retains a copy. I D/L these message to only one machine (unlike TLUG which is on an IMAP connection and shows up on my desktop AND laptop).

Also, I have an old friend teaching at a university in Israel with whom I communicate maybe 8~10 times a year via Gmail. We have no problem using that medium. I know for a fact that he uses a machine that is primarily Hebrew but he sends me messages in English (just like we all used to do with 286-powered NEC DOS machines in Japan when we couldn't get to a dual boot machine in time to answer within a polite interval).

--
CL