Re: [tlug] (OT) SEO - human readable url

On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 06:01:47AM +0000, Josh Glover wrote:
> 2010/1/7 Christian Horn <chorn@example.com>:
>
> > The Amazon-guys getting an order from me for the Nokia N900 for
> > 600eur, agreeing on fetching the money from my bank account.
> > And 24h later deciding they would like to use a different method
> > to get my money, preferrably creditcard which i do not own.
>
> Yuck, that is lame. Was this with Amazon proper, or a Marketplace
> seller?

Was some proper amazon offering.  Also together with the N900 i placed
an order for display-protection-foil which ofcourse by the day later
when it was complained that the N900 couldnt be charged without
creditcard was already on its way and that foil-order couldnt be
dropped.  The foil was apparently some partner-offering and not
directly from amazon.

> Which Amazon website, Amazon.de?

amazon.de

> Did you contact Customer
> Service and explain your issue?

Yes, contacted 0941-788780.

> What did they say?

"We are america-based company.. creditcard-charging is daily business
there.. they also want this in europe."
"creditcard instead of bank-account-charging because of some dangers,
so usually we only do this for over 300euro amounts."
On why this wasnt automatically checked in the first place online as
part of orderingprocess i didnt get an answer.

> As an Amazon employee and share holder, I hate to see anyone having a
> negative customer experience with us. I'll be happy to work with you
> off-line to get this issue resolved. Drop me a line.

Was anyway just about to answer you directly.

Christian