Re: [tlug] East German computing [was: Re: Linux 7 year ago?]

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:20:01 +0900
Ian Barwick <barwick@example.com> wrote:

> On which note there is an article on the Spiegel website about
> "home computers" in the GDR, in German only but with a gallery
> with a few images of East German computers including the KC 85
> series:
> http://einestages.spiegel.de/static/topicalbumbackground/5724/mit_kilobytes_gegen_den_klassenfeind.html

Ah, picture #11 is the KC 85/4 I had back then. ... I remember that box
with the tapes and the handbooks, and the 2 (!) extra cases just to have
a floppy drive.

http://einestages.spiegel.de/external/ShowTopicAlbumBackground/a5724/l10/l0/F.html#featuredEntry

It came out 1988, one year before the wall came down.

Natsukashii...

Martin