Re: [tlug] Linux 7 year ago? [was Re: [OT] job posting]

Henri Servomaa wrote:
On Dec 21, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Christian Horn wrote:

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 04:02:40PM +0900, Henri Servomaa wrote:
On Dec 21, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Patrick Bernier wrote:
My "other" system was running ESIX, but it wasn't really mine. My real
other system was still an Apple ][+ clone ;->
Wow, at the time I was using green and amber university ttys connected to, among other things, a SUN3/60.
Just to throw in some different names:

My first system was a KC 85/3, East Germanys Z80 clones. They were produced directly in my hometown, Muehlhausen.

East Germany!??!

Holy cow, I drove a Peugeot504 to Berlin right after the wall came down....

And that's a LONG TIME ago...

LOL...How old are you guys ?

Uhhh ... Henri ... some of us are old enough to remember The Wall going up, much less coming down, and flew helicopter patrols along the fence portions in Bayern as our National Guard training duty. We had a couple of kids in my (German-speaking) grade school (in Minnesota) who came to live with distant cousins after their parents were shot and killed by the Vopos while pushing them through open windows into West Berlin's American Zone. One of them had to have part of his face rebuilt to repair the damage done by a Vopo dog that grabbed his cheek as he went over the top of the bricks. Allo of us kids HATED the DDR government.

--
CL