Re: [tlug] Linux 7 year ago? [was Re: [OT] job posting]

Quoting Josh Glover:
> I had a real Apple //c, which my dad bought used (from a colleague of
> my grandfather's, natch) in circa 1987 for $3000. It came with all the
> sweet Quark software, as well as several books on Applesoft BASIC, and
> one wonderful tome on 80K assembler!!! Does that give you some insight
> on why I be how I be? ;)

If you meant 8K or 68K, it might have been useful for programming some
/other/ computer, but probably not the //c's 65C02 ;->

My family bought mine used as well. Not only was it packed with extension
cards, it also came with four shoeboxes worth of floppies which kept me
busy for the next few years -- including the complete dBaseII source code
for a library management system the previous owner had coded for a big
institution (with dBase running under CP/M). Studying that code is how I
learned structured programming and got rid of the bad BASIC habits which
had plagued me since my very first program (on a TI 99/4A in 1982... so I
guess I was 7 years old).

The ][+ also came with a 300bps modem -- which arguably changed my life.

--
()  Patrick (L.) Bernier <pat@example.com>
()  http://www.TZoNE.ORG/~pat/