Re: [tlug] Linux 7 year ago? [was Re: [OT] job posting]

Quoting Stephen J. Turnbull:
> Indeed it does.  But My Other System was 386BSD (not BSD386) on a
> floppy.

My "other" system was running ESIX, but it wasn't really mine. My real
other system was still an Apple ][+ clone ;->

> And I built a full BOGUS Linux distro (thank you Rik Faith),
> including the X server that didn't work along with the X apps that
> did, you remember that distro?  You know, the one with with ever-so-
> appropriately named package management system, PMS?

I won't ask how one felt while using it! <g>

Bogus did bring us the very interesting concept of a distribution made from
a combination of unmodified source files with separate patch files. But I
never tried it, I stuck with Slackware for quite a while until my brief
stint with RH (the very first (and last) distro I obtained on a physical
CD)... and then was finally (and thankfully) converted to Debian.

--
()  Patrick (L.) Bernier <pat@example.com>
()  http://www.TZoNE.ORG/~pat/