Re: [tlug] Buying a Blackberry in Japan (OT)

Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> Perhaps the problem is you still think the thing is meant for *talking*
> on. Not at all....

Point taken.

Ai Ling <alchow@example.com> wrote:
> gets the most press. Blackberry Curves don't have 3G support AFAIK; not
> being able to access the HSDPA network in Tokyo is a deal-breaker for me.

I guess I'm _still_ thinking of them as meant for talking. The only reason I can
think of this being necessary is downloading fairly large video files. Is the
point here transfering videos between cell phones? What size video file requires
this capability? I'll have to ask my daughter if that is a concern for her. Thanks.

 --Ralph