Re: [tlug] usb microscope for linux?

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 12:50 +0100, Michal Hajek wrote:
> does anyone use something similar to:
>
> http://exoo.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008830506716/pdtl/Microscope/1014370395/Microscope.htm
>
> under linux ?
>
> I wonder if I can rely on the specification at the web page, which
> mentions linux.
>
> What does it mean "Plug-and-play, no need for driver"  in context of
> linux ?

I have this thing:
http://www.compuvisor.com/digbluqx3usb.html

My kids use it mainly with their windows computers. It works, after a
fashion, in Linux, but Linux doesn't have the ability to turn the light
on and off. Sort of limits the usefulness.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- slu .at. ccsr.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR