Re: [tlug] [announcement] 2009-12-19 TLUG Technical Meeting & Bonenkai

-------- Original Message  --------
Sender: Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 01:47:22 +0900
Subject: [tlug] [announcement] 2009-12-19 TLUG Technical Meeting & Bonenkai
To: Tokyo Linux Users Group <tlug@example.com>

>   Main Topics)
>
>          "Parallels Virtuozzo"
>          By Alexei Anisimov
>
> This month, Alexei Anisimov will introduce and demonstrate Virtuozzo[1],
> a Linux virtualization product created by Parallels. The talk will also
> cover the relationship between Virtuozzo's and the open source OpenVZ[2]
> project.

Edward, I am sorry for the delay, here are the details you requested earlier about what I'm going to present:

Title - "Parallels virtualization products for Linux"

1) Parallels Virtuozzo Containers:

	Overview, general information, features
	Installation, hardware/software system requirements
	Managements tools - CLI, GUI
	Basic operations, containers isolation
	Virtuozzo templates - OS/application, standard/EZ
	VZFS (Virtuozzo File System) and COW (copy-on-write)
	Containers limits, resource management
	Networking - bridged (veth) and routed (venet0) modes

2) OpenVZ

	General information
	Difference between OpenVZ and Virtuozzo

3) Parallels Server Bare Metal

	General information
	Combination of OS (Virtuozzo containers) and hypervisor (virtual machines) virtualization layers on a single server
	GUI tools - Parallels management console (PMC) and Parallels virtual automation (PVA)

Best regards,
--
Alexei Anisimov