Re: [tlug] device driver problem

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Mattia Dongili <malattia@example.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 03:33:34PM +0900, Johan Berntsson wrote:
>> Any kernel developers on this list?
>
> There is a good number of members who, I'm sure, can help.
>
>> I have a problem with a USB device driver. The driver worked before,
>> but recently the kernel API:s changed, and I can no longer compile it
>> for kernel 2.6.28-15 and above. The problem is that the kill_proc
>> function has been removed. The driver forks itself, and if I simply
>
> what driver and where are its sources?
> this patch should give you a good idea of what needs to be done:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mm-commits@example.com/msg35165.html

It is a driver for a Echelon I/O system interface, but I'm afraid it
is not open source so I cannot attach the file. Here is a relevant
extract:

        kill_proc( xlon->uplink_thread->pid, SIGKILL, 1 );
        down( &xlon->uplink_thread_sem );
        unlock_kernel();
        kill_proc( 2, SIGCHLD, 1 );

where xlon is struct xlon_context, defined as:
typedef struct xlon_context
{
    struct task_struct *uplink_thread;
... };

I checked the link you send me, and replaced kill_proc with:

    send_sig( SIGKILL, xlon->uplink_thread, 1 );

and it works fine.

Thanks,
Johan