Re: [tlug] apparent hardware problem(s) -- but where?

On 2009-11-17 15:18 +0900 (Tue), Curt Sampson wrote:

> This is an M2400?

Never mind all of that; I just realized it's a desktop machine. Dell
confuses me by giving the similar names to entirely different machines.
(I heard something ending in "-ision" and "2400" and, and thought
"Dimension M2400".)

Certainly Stephen's suggestion about reseating everything is a good one.
It's probably not a good idea, however, to detach the heat sink from the
CPU (which may be required to remove the CPU) unless you've got some
spare heat-sink compound to use when you re-attach it.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com