Re: [tlug] Better to have "bottom-posted"?

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> On 2009-11-10 19:38 +0900 (Tue), Michael Bitker wrote:
>> What happens if I post in the middle?
> You get counted in my survey as someone who quotes too much, but not as a bottom-poster.

I became aware of at least one new distinction in this thread: namely,
that bottom-posting is not the word to use for describing "proper"
posting standards for thread-capable mail/news clients.
It is my understanding that "proper" posting standards compliant with
threading involves possibly writing after any or all of the lines in
while avoiding writing before any of the message "header" lines (the
ones stating date, time and writer of a particular nested thread in
the message).
But is there a name (or token <g>) for such a "proper" style? If so,
it is too obvious for me, I must have missed it all this time! Or
simply referred to via a RFC number?
Regards, Gernot