Re: [tlug] Better to have "bottom-posted"?

Followups redirected to lingo@example.com

Curt Sampson writes:

 > Interesting. I would have thought that someone who top-posts would also
 > be likely, if they didn't top-post, not to bother to trim, since not
 > trimming is exactly the behaviour they exhibited in the first place when
 > they top-posted.

I'm sure you're right.

Thing is, as a style "top-posting" really is the combination of the
two: inserting new text at the top *and* not trimming.  Most people on
this list are aware that both are bad, and that of the two, trimming
is actually more valuable to the readers (as well as more costly to
the poster!)  But it's been called "top-posting" because that's the
more visible characteristic, I guess.