Re: [tlug] NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT driver on opensuse

Raedwolf Summoner wrote:
> > http://run.sh/comp/linux.html
>
> This was really helpful, and I hope to learn more about
> the following error message:
>
> "The kernel header file '/lib/modules/2.6.27.7-9-pae/
> build/include/linux/kernel.h' does not exist. The most likely
> reason for this is that the kernel source path '/lib/modules/
> 2.6.27.7-9-pae/build' is incorrect. Please make sure you
> have installed the kernel source files for your kernel and
> that they are properly configured; on Red Hat Linux
> systems, for example, be sure you have the 'kernel source'
> or 'kernel devel' RPM installed."
You should read the warning before this carefully.
The driver installer will probably mention what version of gcc
your kernel has been compiled with in the first place, and
the version of gcc that you now have in Linux.

If your kernel compiles with only the older compiler, you will
need to get the driver compiled together using the older gcc.
Which was, in my case, 4.1. That's why I set the way I wrote:
CC=gcc-4.1

> > I also documented a little about sound configuration with
> > ALSA, currently for USB interfaces like Roland's.
> Thanks, that is also a good resource. I am looking at
> sound cards -- not that I really _need_ superb sound to
> listen to my wild Mexican music -- and was wondering
> about maybe buying one of those Onkyo ones I saw at
> Yodobashi. I guess I'll avoid that brand. I've already

Roland's USB sound cards (interface) are again almost perfect in work
with Linux. Try one with an audio amplifier with digital input terminal,
then you should be happy with that. Their latest 24bit/96kHz
UA-4FX with MIDI interface seems to work and very cheap here:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Edirol_UA-4FX
http://kakaku.com/item/05602910311/

Ryu