Re: [tlug] NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT driver on opensuse

Hi Ryu and Edward,

Thanks for the advice. I managed to get past the previous
error message and on to the next one.

> I wrote much about initial Linux installation in here:
> http://run.sh/comp/linux.html

This was really helpful, and I hope to learn more about
using BASH with such good resources. I have a hardcopy
bash manual, but it often confuses as much as helps
since it doesn't always give examples of what it is saying
to do. Your examples are quite clear.

Anyway, now I am to the following error message:

"The kernel header file '/lib/modules/2.6.27.7-9-pae/
build/include/linux/kernel.h' does not exist. The most likely
reason for this is that the kernel source path '/lib/modules/
2.6.27.7-9-pae/build' is incorrect. Please make sure you
have installed the kernel source files for your kernel and
that they are properly configured; on Red Hat Linux
systems, for example, be sure you have the 'kernel source'
or 'kernel devel' RPM installed."

Well, I checked, and 'kernel source' is installed. I'm stalled.

> and you'll find there the environment variable (CC) setting
> and its explanation too.

I have gcc-4.3-34(?) installed, not sure of the last 2-digit
number, and I just typed "export CC=gcc-4.3" without the
two-digit extension. I assume that was OK.

> I also documented a little about sound configuration with
> ALSA, currently for USB interfaces like Roland's.

Thanks, that is also a good resource. I am looking at
sound cards -- not that I really _need_ superb sound to
listen to my wild Mexican music -- and was wondering
about maybe buying one of those Onkyo ones I saw at
Yodobashi. I guess I'll avoid that brand. I've already
tossed a perfectly good Canon printer into the sodai
gomi because it wouldn't do Linux. Don't really see
any high-end sound cards at Yodobashi. The Onkyo
and Creative Titanium are about the best they offer.