Re: [tlug] link to slides 'Android Mythbusters' from the Embedded Linux Conference Europe

On 2009-11-06 20:14 +0100 (Fri), Christian Horn wrote:

> The presentation shows how Google has simply thrown 5-10 years of
> Linux userspace evolution into the trashcan and re-implemented it
> partially for no reason.

Is this unexpected from a company who, when they are starting a
greenfield project and can use any language they like, chooses Java?

I don't know if it's inevitable that an IT company this large is going
to have the vast majority of it's programming be mediocre, but I've
known for some time that that's the case with Google.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com