Re: [tlug] NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT driver on opensuse

Raedwolf Summoner wrote:
> ... and starting to compile.
>
> Then I was told I needed to install gcc or make sure the cc variable was
> in my path.

gcc is the default c compiler, you will need this to compile programs
written in c[1].  To do this, from the command line change to root user
by typing

# su -

followed by pressing the Enter key, then entering your root users
password.  From the root account install gcc by typing

# yast2 –install gcc gcc-c++ make kernel-source

Edward

1. I presume you are trying to build nvidia drivers.