Re: [tlug] LVM2 and resizing partition

Tobias Diedrich wrote:
> Edward Middleton wrote:
>> Tobias Diedrich wrote:
>> Good point, I misread that.  You only need the extra drive if pvresize
>> fails,  which will happen if any of your extents are after the first 200GB.
>
> I think in that case pvresize would just move the extents.

Well not according to the manual, which was the reason for my original
comment.

pvresize will refuse to  shrink  PhysicalVolume  if  it  has  allocated
extents  after  where  its  new  end would be. In the future, it should
relocate these elsewhere in the volume group  if  there  is  sufficient
free space, like pvmove does.

Edward