Re: [tlug] Files copied to USB thumb drive completely gone

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 21:46:32 +0900
Dave M G <dave@example.com> wrote:

> ater, when I got home, I connected the USB drive to my home computer
> and... nothing. It's completely blank. Wiped clean of any files. There's
> one hidden directory called "Trash-1000", and it's empty.

This sounds like you've forgotten to unmount the stick or didnt
wait long enough for the sync to happen (which can take several
minutes, depending on the data size and properties of the stick)

			Attila Kinali
		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin