Re: [tlug] recomendations for a functional language

Alan Busby writes:

 > Irregardless of quality, or old/bad design in many cases, it's very
 > useful not to have to write an entire library by hand simply to
 > deal with paypal, amazon, or any number of other systems.

Uh, you want to, uh, "clarify" that?  I mean, that clearly implies
that you use libraries that deal with *money* "irregardless of
quality, or old/bad design"!

 > You can't dismiss one tool, simply because it may not be the best
 > for one job.

Of course you can, as long as that job's the one the customer is
paying you to do.  In this case, the OP specifically asked for
"functional".  I agree with Curt, a lot of features of Clojure obscure
the functional aspects of programming style.  It might be a practical
choice, of course.