Re: [tlug] recomendations for a functional language

On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 22:48:16 +0900
Travis <tlug@example.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 01 November 2009 21:15:25 Attila Kinali wrote:
> > Knowing that we have here a few Haskell freaks, i'd like to ask
> > whether you can recomend me a functional language and a book to
> > learn it. The goal isn't to learn a language that i can use
> > in my daily life, at least not in the first place, but to learn
> > new concepts, new methods, new ways of thinking.
>
> I will be giving a presentation about Haskell at the next technical meeting,
> on the 14th of this month.  I will explain why I think Haskell is a good
> language to learn as well as give recommendations about books and other
> resources.  Do you mind waiting until the 14th to hear my recommendations, or
> is this an itch that you would like to scratch immediately? ;)

Well, it's not something i need to scratch immediately, as i'm currently
reading half a dozen books in parallel (damn you, interdiscplinary problem!),
but i wont be able to attend the next technical meeting as driving
10'000km is a bit much to just attend one talk, even if it's very
interesting ;-)

Greetings from the occident

				Attila Kinali

--
Das Internet ist nichts für gute, sozial integrierte Menschen
			-- Lukas Beeler