Re: [tlug] Search MySQL for Japanese Names]

黒鉄章 writes:

 > Given names would be in a similar state I presume. I conclude
 > autocompletion of furigana from kanji names will never be a useful
 > feature.

Surely that's a false statement.  *Noninteractive* assignment of
furigana is a vain hope, just as it would be in English (take my name
for a leading example; all three components have variant spellings).

*Interactive* autocompletion, OTOH, would likely be very useful,
especially for people named 田中 (just how many Denchus do you know,
anyway?) or the like.  You could then have a tabbable popup menu (cf
Firefox's address bar) which gives the known readings in popularity
order.