Re: [tlug] Search MySQL for Japanese Names]

黒鉄章 <akira@example.com> wrote:

> Given names would be in a similar state I presume. I conclude
> autocompletion of furigana from kanji names will never be a useful
> feature. Question resolved.

As I said in an earlier message, apparaently you can get the raw IME
input in javascript (Google does it; you get suggestions before you
confirm the kanji conversion).  So presumably you can get the reading
a user used to input their kanji name, which should serve as a good
first approximation (better than blindly guessing at least).

--
Stephen Lee <sl-tlug@example.com>