Re: [tlug] Subversion to Git Conversions

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:43:52 +0900
Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> I see it as slaying a lot of small-to-moderate annoyances, in trade
> for Yet Another VCS Learning Curve. CVS to Subversion was a lot more
> tricky than I would guess most developers would think (at least those
> who've never done any serious repo administration).

What kind of problems did you have?
We migrated FFmpeg and MPlayer from CVS to SVN and the only prob was
the renames we had in both repositories (which CVS didnt handle at all).
>From administrative point of view, i think that SVN is easier to handle,
if it wouldnt be for the tons of bugs that the svn code base has
(and the overcomplicated, overly-layered system that makes it impossible
to understand the code unless you are prepared to read _all_ of it).

			Attila Kinali
--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.
If you want to walk far, walk together.