Re: [tlug] linux@example.com How many widely can we do that?

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 03:07:11PM +0100, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2009, at 2:38 PM, Christian Horn wrote:
>
>> My workplaces Dell D850 makes funny noises when opened, also the
>> TrackPoint is missing that thinkpads have.
>
> The Latitudes I had in my hands (E4300, E6400 and E6500) have all a
> Trackpoint, I think even the X2 (Tablet-PC) has one but I'm not sure
> about that one.
> As I said: get a Latitude - I didn't say anything about other series.

The Dell i have to use has some kind of trackball, but barely comparable
to the TrackPoint/Nibble found on Thinkpads.  After having to do with
some different touchpads i really value the thinkpad Trackpoint.
Also pressing the middle-button right below the keyboard of the x200
and using the Trackpoint then to scroll websites whithout having it
placed on the right side scrollbar is nice.

> In my opinion the Latitude-series and the X- and T-series from the
> Thinkpad-brand are equally good. But support-wise Dell seems to be a
> ahead of anyone else in the business. [..]

Cant comment on support, my last thinkpad t41 had in last 5 years only
a broken powersupply cable, replaced by my corporations department in
some days.
No need for support on the x200 yet.

Christian