Re: [tlug] linux@example.com How many widely can we do that?

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 02:10:49PM +0100, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2009, at 1:59 PM, Curt Sampson wrote:
>
>> Indeed, you ought. Thinkpads have better ergonomics, anyway, and for
>> development, the i7 is a wonderful and yet fairly inexpensive thing.
>
> Ehm…get a Dell - far better support than Lenovo and the Latitude-series
> are really fine machines.
> Had a lot of trouble with Lenovo-support and Dell business-support is
> just great.

My workplaces Dell D850 makes funny noises when opened, also the
TrackPoint is missing that thinkpads have.

Thats not to say Lenovos current thinkpads are perfect thou, the fan
in my x200 gets not tuned down by firmware after heat-producing work
is finished, on linux one has to do that with a daemon.

Christian