[tlug] I'm done with MySQL

Dave M G writes:

 > I think to be really good at something, you have to have a passion for
 > it. I have a passion for design, and I'm good at that.
 >
 > I have no passion for MySQL. Or PHP.

I sympathize (well, in principle, but not in practice.  SQL is ugly
and PHP make me want to puke, and I've never had to use either in
anger).  But ... really Web 2.0 requires both design (as I can assure
you after spending week working with Monkeyshow's[1] best effort at a Web
0.5 interface) and interfacing with the backend (as the girlfriendless
used to remark in front of their Hazeltine 1510s in the basement of
the CERAS building at Stanford).

In all seriousness: Maybe you should partner with somebody into that
stuff?

Footnotes:
[1]  That's spelled 文・科・省 in Kanji.