Re: [tlug] [OT] eBooks

Moin,

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:57:44 +0100
Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking in terms of getting an eBook reader in order to avoid filling
> up my rapidly dwindling space with more books.

I thought the same a few months ago, especially considering that half
of the stuff i usualy read are papers/journals distributed as PDFs,
and looked at what is around.

Unfortunately, i came to the conclusion that the normal ebook readers
are not up to what i need. The crux here was that papers/journals
are, unlike regular ebooks, preformated to be printed in A4 format
(or very near to A4), which makes them ill fit for the small screens
of the average ebook reader.

The only one that seemed to fit half way my needs was the irex DR-1000.
Unfortunately, what i read about its software quality was so bad,
that i didn't consider paying near 600EUR for some banana device.
And dont even think about the irex iliad, it's a lot worse :-(

For more info and lots of reviews, i recommend reading the forum and wiki
of www.mobileread.com.

				Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin