Re: [tlug] [OT] Home Internet router reccomendations

On 10/13/2009 12:58 PM, Edward Middleton wrote:
Kyle Hasegawa wrote:
I went with a Linksys WRT310N because it was one of the only wireless N
gigabit routers to fully support DD-WRT.  Besides the requirements you
mention, DD-WRT adds a ton of other geeky features like OpenVPN, SSH,
and DNS servers as well as traffic shaping and logging.

Whats the performance like? Running an earlier MIPS linksys routers with
OpenWRT I was loosing something like 30% throughput compared to a PIII
celeron PC running Linux.

Edward

It's actually very good. I was able to break 100Mbps down a few times on OCN hikari http://twitpic.com/aqojr Prior to this router I was using PFsense in a VM using 1 core of a core2 duo 2GHz which was consistently slower according to speedtest.net but this could be attributable to VM overhead.

Kyle