Re: [tlug] [OT] Home Internet router reccomendations

Le lundi 12 octobre 2009, Kyle Hasegawa a écrit :
> I went with a Linksys WRT310N because it was one of the only wireless N
> gigabit routers to fully support DD-WRT.  Besides the requirements you
> mention, DD-WRT adds a ton of other geeky features like OpenVPN, SSH,
> and DNS servers as well as traffic shaping and logging.
Hi,

Buffalo WHR-G300N is also Wireless N and is supported by DD-WRT, and might be
the cheapest 802.11n on the market. This one is 100% system-on-chip with
32MB/8MB and price is as small as the device: only 6200JPY.

The bad thing is that Buffalo (Melco) recently passed a financial agreement
with the redmond firm in order to settle a 'Linux patent claim'.
By buying from this maker, you'll pay the 'Patent FUD Tax' like on Novell &
Xandros products.

Francois