Re: [tlug] List of Japanese Open Source Projects?

Stephen,

Awesome! Major help.

Hiroo Yamagata's site looks great; I'll need to spend some more time
digging through it.

Your point about sites focusing on Japanese open source "as a class"
not really existing is fascinating. I would think there would be some
awareness of this in Japan. As a point of pride. I guess if there's
not enough action, that wouldn't happen. Do you have any insight or
opinions on why (1) Japan doesn't seem great at open source, (2) why
Japan seems to still with just localization, and (3) why nobody cares
about how Japan is doing in open source?

Funny on the NEC Linux Lab weirdness. And, btw, I work with Craig Oda
here in the US, so he'd probably be really happy if I picked up a copy
of his co-authored O'Reilly book. I think I remember him commenting
about royalties still coming in but not being able to quite his day
job, though...

Thanks,
Jesse