Re: [tlug] [OT] Job hunting

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:00 PM, Joe Larabell <fred62@example.com> wrote:

> If you've been making zero income, you should have been paying zero (or
> near zero) premiums, anyway -- so you're already being subsidized to some
> degree. I'm not sure I'd be complaining. If you were in the US you'd have
> to pay hundreds of $$ per month for coverage, even if you were making
> nothing at all.

I am still reading through the thread.

My wife has been my dependent the last few years, so has had little to
no income.
They base how much she pays in on her income from the previous year.
This year he payments for medical are about 1500円 a month.

When I get out of the military, I will have to find a job and such.
I will likely be signing up for the public coverage as soon as I have
my gaijin card in hand anyway. ^_^