Re: [tlug] [OT] Job hunting

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 10:05 +0900, Shawn Brown wrote:
> I has zero income for a while when I was on parental duty.  I only had
> to "cough up" from the time my income reached a certain point.  Prior
> to that I was considered a dependent and actually my wife's employer
> was contributing for me.

Unfortunately, my "wife" is on her family's health insurance plan and I
guess adding me to it would increase premiums dramatically. Obviously,
they don't want to do that so basically I'm on my own and I'm not taking
in enough money to pay myself a salary, therefore can't pay premiums.
She says I should pay from the "kitty" (takings) but I'm saving that for
my "get out of Japan" money. Although she has no clue about that :-)