Re: [tlug] [OT] Job hunting

On 2009-09-24 02:15 -0400 (Thu), Joe Larabell wrote:

> And unless things changed while I wasn't looking, Immigration has
> nothing to do with your Alian Registration.

Immigration is in the process of taking over the alien registration
cards; I don't recall when the switchover will happen. However,
certainly up to this point, alien registration cards have been the
bailiwick of the local ward offices, and they don't do any particular
checking on the addresses you give them, as far as I can tell. It
should be no problem, given a valid long-term visa[1], to go into a
ward office, give them the address of wherever you happen to be staying
at the moment, and get a card. You simply take it in for a change of
address when you move (to the new ward office if you change wards). Be
sure also to get it updated when your job status changes.

[1]: In fact, you can get an alien registration card even with just a
three month tourist visa, or possibly with no visa at all, though that's
bound to raise questions and I won't get into the details of all of that
here.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com