Re: [tlug] Home Hardware Problem -- Please Check My Findings

My conclusion is that there is "something wrong" with the motherboard
that is beyond the reach of someone with a large, well stocked toolbox
and a circuit tester.  I am not thinking that the CPU is gone simply
because boot and POST initiates ... and that the solution is to exchange
motherboard for one that was known to be working when I took it out of
another box.

Other suggestions gratefully received.

RAM can be really particular sometimes. Have you tried booting the problem box, with just the video card and minimal RAM (or better yet swapping it for DIMMs from somewhere else)? If that passes POST, then you can try adding in one piece at a time with additional memory as the last step.

Cheers,
Sach