Re: [tlug] Sep 19 - Software Freedom Day

--- On Thu, 9/17/09, Francisco Sarmiento III <francis.sarmiento3@example.com> wrote:
> Isn't it the REVOLUTION OS" film is a copyrighted material
> and thus, pubic viewing must conveyed with appropriate permission
> from the filmmakers.

In many countries permission is not necessary if no charge is made and the viewing is for educational purposes. (ie. "fair use") Not sure what the situation is in Japan though.

More importantly, several reviews I've read say the film sucks because it's hijacked by certain people who will remain nameless...

- Karamoon