Re: [tlug] HT-03A (HTC G2) info the android phone

Hi,

> For around 330 Yen per month they are giving around 4560 packet to use for
> internet.  .I use very often wi-fi,
> so I would use these packets only to check gmail account and send few
> e-mail. Do you think these few packets are sufficient?

You can always turn 3g off if you go to

settings-->wireless controls -->mobile networks -->Access point names
-->docom -->APN type and just type in a "-" or ":" or probably any
character.  This is what apps that toggle 3g do.

DoCoMo will warn you to get the capped plan because the Android update
can be up to 80MB and thus up to 80,000 yen.

So the question is, can you do a system update if you have 3g off.
What happens if one come when you have it on.  It may give you an
option to download it later and if it can be done via wifi then you
are in the safe.

I have the same usage scenario and ended up getting a developer phone
and package from Softbank.  It's a hassle to keep my own system
updated though so I'd recemmend the DoCoMo route if you can do updates
via wifi.  In the DoCoMo shop store they told me no but ...

Probably no system updates have come through yet so maybe no DoCoMo
users have tried to do an system update via wifi.  Application update
I know...but don't know about the system.

Shawn