Re: [tlug] What's the deal with these encodings? (Was: Japanese font for PDF files)

Stephen Gernot,

Thank you for responding.

> Then you are probably out of luck; the people who built the app
> most likely decided that Japanese information processing is too insane
> to be worth dealing with just because someone might use it.

I think you are right. I am abandoning the PHP scripts I was using, and
now I'm seeing if I can get TCPDF to work.
http://www.tecnick.com/public/code/cp_dpage.php?aiocp_dp=tcpdf

They swear up and down that they can do UTF-8 and Japanese and all sorts
of things.

I saw them before but passed them by because they looked a little
overkill for my purposes, and it was less clear how to use an existing
PDF as a template.

However, I now see that UTF-8 support is a rare and precious thing when
PHP dances with PDF. If they can do it at all, it will be worth the
hassle of figuring out how to implement their scripts.

We'll see how it goes from here.

--
Dave M G
http://tlug.jp/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:Dave_M_G