Re: [tlug] Git challenged (maintaining an Android build)

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 19:07, Shawn Brown<javajunkie@example.com> wrote:
> I want to build Android from source overtime as it changes.  I also
> need to add in the Google applications that I can pull from my phone
> now but aren't in the Android source (there is other proprietary stuff
> for the camera and audio etc that isn't in source).
>
> How can I do that in Git.  I really don't have my head around this.

The complete Android source doesn't live in one git repo, but rather
in a collection of them[1]. They have a wrapper app called "repo"[2]
which manages the entire codebase as a whole. Since you seem somewhat
new to git, I thought this clarification may help.

Also, you may get more detailed responses from the Android Developers
Google Group[3].

Mike

[1] http://android.git.kernel.org/
[2] http://source.android.com/download/using-repo