Re: [tlug] Method/tools to create a video from images, but with control of when the images and for how long they show.

zev wrote:
> Hello TLUGers,
> I am looking into methods to create a video from a set of images.
> The catch is that I want to show the images at specific times.
> Such as show image 1 at start (0) until 2.5 seconds
> Then show image 2 at 2.5 seconds until 4 seconds.
> Next show image 3 at 4 seconds until 9 seconds.
> And so on.

I also found major image viewers like GQView and gThumb only
have slideshow function in constant periods of time.

It might be better to go using an image manipulation tool like
Gifsicle and give all the images to make a single animated GIF.

It seems that you can set animation delay for each image
you give to the arguments:
http://www.lcdf.org/gifsicle/man.html

gifsicle -b a.gif -d50 "#0" "#1" -d100 "#2" "#3"

sets the delays of frames 0 and 1 to 50, and frames 2 and 3 to 100.

I think you can turn them to SVG with Inkscape, or even Flash
with something coming from Adobe, but I'm not sure.

Ryu