Re: [tlug] Method/tools to create a video from images, but with control of when the images and for how long they show.

zev wrote:
> I am looking into methods to create a video from a set of images.
> The catch is that I want to show the images at specific times.
>
> Such as show image 1 at start (0) until 2.5 seconds
> Then show image 2 at 2.5 seconds until 4 seconds.
> Next show image 3 at 4 seconds until 9 seconds.
> And so on.

You want a constant standard framerate,  if you need the image to change
at specific times, work out the framerate and use multiple copies of the
same image (hard links).  Most video formats only store the changes
between frames so this shouldn't result in massive video files.  When I
made the animation of the slashdotting[1] the video wouldn't play
because the framerate was non-standard.

Edward

1. http://tlug.jp/wiki/Meetings:2007:09#The_slashdotting_by_Zev_Blut