Re: [tlug] Does my Japanese Android phone not speak Japanese?

Stephen, Curt, Shawn, Mattia,

Thank you all for responding.

The "nkf -W" command worked like a charm, so I'm more convinced than
ever that I'm dealing with UTF-8 with all players.

Also, according to the output of eyeD3, the tag version is ID3v2.4, so I
don't think it's a problem with the tagging system.

I'm really leaning toward a bug in the media player. I think I'm going
to try an alternate media player when I get a chance later tonight.

$ eyeD3 04_Japan_Title.mp3 | nkf -W

04_Japan_Tittle.mp3    [ 4.58 MB ]
Time: 04:03    MPEG1, Layer III    [ ~155 kb/s @ 44100 Hz - Joint stereo ]
ID3 v2.4:
title: 嗚呼ハルカリセンセーション        artist: Halcali
album: ハルカリベーコン        year: 2003
track: 4        genre: Pop (id 13)
Comment: [Description: ] [Lang: eng]
Japanese

FRONT_COVER Image: [Size: 76106 bytes] [Type: image/png]