Re: [tlug] search for encrypted information exchange

On 2009-08-27 18:01 +0900 (Thu), Bruno Raoult wrote:

> To resume: I can loose my laptop with no fear. I cannot do the same with
> my wallet.

So you never leave your laptop in suspend or hibernate mode when you're
not present?

That is particularly dangerous; all you need to do is wake up the
laptop, insert a USB key that boots your memory-grabber, and power-cycle
the machine. The attacker at that point has all keys that were in
memory, including those for any encrypted filesystems that were mounted
and SSH and PGP keys present in agents.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com