Re: [tlug] Does my Japanese Android phone not speak Japanese?

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 05:55:46PM +0900, Dave M G wrote:
> TLUG,
>
> My home Ubuntu system where I keep my MP3 (and occasional OGG)
> collection is in Japanese. I use Amarok (v1.4, since 2.1 still sucks) to

I don't have an explanation (yet) but I found that ogg tags encoded in
UTF-8 with Japanese characters are working fine in Android, mp3 with the
same tags are not.
http://mixzing.freeforums.org/bugs-with-version-2-0-1-charset-and-album-list-t28.html

I used 3 or 4 different player and all have the same issue. From the
post above it looks like it's caused by a core library.

Solution: just encode everything in ogg format ;)
--
mattia
:wq!