Re: [tlug] Unix's 40th Birthday

Curt Sampson writes:

 > But most of these sorts of apps, again, don't care so much about the
 > OS, so long as it will let them send packets to the hardware they're
 > managing.

Sure, but admins do.  Show me the equivalent of the infamous "how I
stopped 'rm -rf /' and saved CitiBank with just a Bourne shell, a Boy
Scout knife, and ten yards of duct tape," but for Windows or MVS.
Even VMS.  That post was like, almost plausible, but only because it
was Unix.

P.S. Wikipedia describes QNX as "a commercial Unix-like real-time
operating system".  Hm....  As Henry Lee Summer sang, "Hey, lookee
there!"  From the same article, "Cisco's IOS-XR (ultra high
availability IOS), is based on QNX, as is IOS Software Modularity."